Hi Michael,
how much sample memory do they actually give you to play around with??

Maybe the idea is to give you the option of adding the occasional sampled sound that doesn't exist in the Tyros itself rather than add extra piano's samples , strings , brass whatever, unless hopefully Yamaha intends to bring out a library of samples.

I've been playing round with soundfonts
(which are created from wav files) I've got piano soundfonts that range in size from
3 megabytes up to 200 megabytes.
The difference appears to be, the amount of samples recorded to make up an instrument ie is every note sampled, or or only every 5th or 6 th note, some are even recorded at various velocities for the same note. Also where it is looped makes a big difference to the size of the sample.

My new Ketron SD1+ has a sampler. Haven't quite gotten to reading that section yet. I know I can sample with it, I think the hard drive also comes with some onboard sampled sounds, so it will be interesting to see how large these wav files actually are. I'm not even sure how large my sample memory is?
I tend to think the only thing I'll probably use it for is the Live Drum 2 ( which can be used to incorporate audio loops of drums into a style or midifile) & maybe the occasional effect sound.

It could be interesting to see if a soundfont could be split up into wav files and used in the sampler. A project that will have to wait till after xmas.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Michael P. Bedesem:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022