HI,

Yea it was me. But this was only because when I first got my X1 it was faulty 2 times before I got one that actually worked, and the problem on one of them was the HD was not responding. And because this was my second exchange, I was really annoyed and wanted to fix it myself by buying a HD myself. And I tell you what, it was a saving grace then all attempts to get the HD failed otherwise I would of been lumbered with an extra HD because they replaced my X1 after 2 days anyway! (see what could of happened if you are impatient!).

But back to the point, I think its worth getting the proper Solton HD from a dealer as not only will it be so easy to fit, the extra software is excellent (i make more use of some styles from the HD than the preset ones as theres a standard of over 400 to choose from at least!). If you get it from a very generous dealer (George Kaye comes to mind immediately), he would possible even put some extras on the HD just for you! I know I would if I was a dealer, I would like to think my customers were not only getting the best deal but also giving them something more than what any other dealer would give, and then everybody is satisfied!

At the time of my post in the old forum about this precise problem, I did receive instructions on how to set up a 3rd party HD, and I tell you it seemed a hassle, too much hassle because you have to ensure the cable which plugs in both to the HD and the keyboard match from pin to pin, and believe me theres many! There was talk of cutting to size and making sure then right pins were connected to ensure no malfuntion was experienced, eg, lockups or even blowing a fuse. I thought YUCK!

Save the hassle, get it from someone who knows about these things.

Danny (UK)