Quote:
Originally posted by kevind:
Hi all, does anyone the limit of folders on the wk8 hard drive 999 or less?

Kevin

Well, I can't comment about the total number of folders but I can about the total number of files that goes into the SMF folders on my WK8.

511. 511 songs (midi files) is the limit to the first SMF 1 folder.

How do I know....Because I hit that level this past weekend. So there I am saving my new midis and BAM, can't add anymore. What's up? And I can't find anything in the manual stating the limitation. So I have to press the UP button to take me to the top of the list (the root of the drive) where the . . (dot dots) are. Press Enter and then I can see the rest of the folders. Oh, now I get it...I have 5 SMF folders. So I open up SMF 2 and save away.

Here's the next snag I noticed, everytime I want to save a midi file now, it still goes back into SMF 1 and starts at the very bottom of the list (511). And I have to press the UP button to take me to the top so I can move to the next folder (takes about 30 seconds to get there).

Anybody know of a way to get the SAVE function to start at the root of the drive? It probably does for blocks but not for single midi files.(at least not on mine)

Thanks.

mike