I got two New Years Eve gigs coming up on Monday night. One early in the evening and the other later in the evening, so I get to ring in the new year twice. At the first venue (senior retirement center) they set their clocks ahead so everyone thinks it's 12 midnight even though it's 3 hours earlier. I then head off to my other gig and ring in 2002 all over again.

Now I just need to nurse what feels like a cold coming on I had looked forward to meeting EricB & TomTomSF today but because of the cold wet weather, decided I'd better stay home, keep warm and dry, and take plenty of vitamin C and echinecea.

New Years Eve is the 'most important' and highest paying gig of the year so I can't risk not sounding my very best. Thank God I've been lucky (so far) and never had to cancel a New Years gig yet, but there certainly have been a few near misses where I barely made it thru a gig with voice in tact. I'm curious how other gigging singers here handle this age old problem.

Happy 2002 to all,

Scott http://scottyee.com

PS: Eric & Tom - Hope you guys will share with us your arranger keyboard get together experience at Tom's place. I'm sure you both had a great time, with Claudia and Sunny as well. I'm really sorry I couldn't make it.

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 12-29-2001).]