I can understand how the price would be jacked up a bit due to all the CD's that come with it, but the board itself isn't really all that.. Hell the polyphony on the thing is only 48. Even the Casio MZ-2000 had more polyphony. Kurzweils have always been way overpriced. I know so many dealers who refuse to sell them because of the high price tag on them for both the dealer and the buyer. Actually there was a music store in my area that just opened up, and when I mentioned the name Kurzweil to him, it was like I just cursed at him. He said he personally will never carry a Kurzweil because of the prices on them. He'll carry every other brand on the market but them. He's been playing for 38 years and knows keyboards inside and out. I too had the same opinion when I was managing a music store. Years ago when I managed one, we delt with so many brands of keyboards, but every time the Kurzweil rep would come to see me I would just tell him not interested. It was an opinion shared by both me and the store owners..

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.