Sorry, but I have a YPG-625, and I can count to 32.

I understand all you say, but it simply doesn't apply in this case. I don't know how many literal "samples" Yamaha takes to get stereo sounds, and neither do you. It's a proprietary detail of their AWM system.

With other keyboards, some sounds use more than one voice of polyphony, and the manufacturer lists the number of voices used in the voice list. There is no such entry in the DGX/YPG voice list for the simple reason that the answer, in every case, is one (1).

Or, hey, maybe every sound uses up two voices, but a DGX/YPG actually has 64 polyphony. Since every sound is stereo, it doesn't really matter, does it? They can define their terms however they like.

From the Yamaha web site: "What's polyphony, you ask? Simply put, polyphony is how many notes a keyboard can reproduce simultaneously. The DGX-505 has 32-note polyphony allowing you to play intricate arrangements and dense musical passages." Note they say "notes" not samples.

None of which really matters. What matters is that I have a YPG-625, and I can count to 32.

R.