Uncle Dave loaned me his VA-7 [ROLAND] for a few days. Here are some of my opinions: Where do I start? I will probally jump around so try and follow me. First , let me start with a statement. This is not the replacement for the G1000. The G is better for "PRO" use. I can see a PRO model with the new tones and 128 polyphony. The lack of dedicated buttons and sliders is a NO NO. The touch screen is okay in your home or studio, but not on the job. If the screen goes south on your G1000 you can still do the job, setting up your left hand , right hand parts1,2 etc., Good luck if the screen disapears on the VA-7. There are a lot of niceties on the VA-7, but GUYS and GALS, KEEP YOUR G1000!! Here are some more of my thoughts: Song play, Toooo many touches of the screen to get around,*select song composer,*stop song,*load, *play,*select lyrics,*back,*song list,*scroll,*stop and/or load,*play. After song ends, you must*select songlist again. Compared to the G1000, this is a no brainer,G1000 of course,you selectsong with a knob and push play with a button, and the lyrics toggle back and forth to song select, with a touch of a single button. The nice features:New tones[Scat,acc guitars etc]. A lot of the 'NEW" tones areedited from the G1000 bank of tones. Thenew styles are mostly modified G1000 styles, using "scat"lines in the styles for example. The sequencer is very simular, I still prefer the G's over the VA-7, probally because I am use to it. The VA is easy to use with the touch screen, For those thatnever used the G's seq., they will like the VA sequencer. The mic input is okay, at least it has one, with effects. Good control over the effects, multible touches to get to the parameters[ actually VariPhrase]..The Vari Phrase is a novelty, along with the D beam and ribbon controllers, they where off quickly...I patched my G1000 into the inputs of the VA-7 to compare the tones one to the other, they are identical. The default piano,everyone "loves" is the same as Piano 1w in the G1000 bank, I could not tell any difference in stereo image from the VA-7 speakers.. If I was going to work, I would take the G1000 First choice, My second choice would be the Solton X1, the third choice ,VA-7,in front of Farfisa G-7[stop laughing, it really is a good keyboard], followed by the rest of the arrangers.. Thanks for reading,and I will continue to analyse the VA-7 while I have it[ Thanks to Uncle Dave for the loan]. BTW don't drop the VA-7[all plastic] ,it breaks so easily,,Just kidding Uncle Dave......Fran