Hi Dave.

Yes, this one finger chord stuff - Isn't that supposed to be on arranger keyboards to get beginners started?. I've never used this feature (real chord seem easier to play to me!)

As for the Yamaha being better without arranger features - like a keyboard you can "play", well, I have a 88 key Piano at home (and will midi it up to the Kn6500 when it comes) - so this is irrelevent to me - as i don't play out anyway. I will be using my K6500 for home entertainment, sequencing, and composing. you most certainly don't need 76 keys for that. I just jump accross on to the other stool in the living room if I want to play on my piano. Also, the way the keys feel on the Yamaha 9000 are irrelevent too, but it would be nice to have when using the excellent Pianist mode that the KN6500 has to offer. So with the 88 note piano at my disposal, and the 61 key KN6500 - I have what I need I think - until, maybe, a KN7000 is launched in Germany next year.

Not a clue what movie you are talking about Dave, but The "Daleks", and (a coincidence?)Uncle Tom's Cabin have similar quotes...

I may get the Yamaha YST50 speakers for the KN6500 - that will make it sound better. These where the ones used during the Demonstration I was given, and when I played as well

Tony

[This message has been edited by Jupiter5 (edited 04-08-2001).]