Also there needs to be an addendum to this story and since Danny does not seem to be forthcoming with the update to correct his errors, I will in fairness to Yamaha and the Tyros. This is a post from George Kaye at synthzone and has been confirmed by Dan O and E. coast dealer as well.

T

Danny,
Your dealer didn't give you all the facts:
Yamaha cancelled all the dealerships last month so that they could establish a newly created dealership of those dealers willing to stock the Tyros, the PSR3000 and the PSR1500. In the past, all dealers could buy a Tyros if they carried the other PSR keyboards. Yamaha has decided that stores should support the whole line of Pro Arranger Yamaha keybaords and not just be able to order a keyboard without having inventory or even knowing anything about the product.
So now, I have received a certified letter from Yamaha stating that on July 1 I would no longer be set up to sell these products and then a week or so later I received another dealer agreement which I had to sign which states I would maintain one to show and one to go of each of the 3 models currently available. I applaud Yamaha for doing this, protecting me, a stocking dealer who has to spend so much time learning how to use and support my customers rather than the dealer who just takes a sale away because he sells it for a few dollars less but didn't have to do anything to get the sale and won't be able to support his customer.
The Tyros has not been discontinued. Only certain dealers were!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

My My. A part of a thread from last july where I and my friend of mine was basically called liars for trying to let folks know Yamaha had dumped Tyros. Did your tactics work and enable you to sell all the discontinued ones ?

I'll bet this won't be around long

[This message has been edited by pianodano (edited 12-28-2005).]