I don't think the memory will be shared with the sequencer and the user styles ect. The sequencer has it's own limit of 10,000 (regarless of the flash memory), and there are still (16) user slots for styles. This is all the same on the WK-3500 and it only has 2mb's of flash rom. I would think that if it was all shared then the sequencer would hold more notes, and there'd be more room for user styles as well. It appears to me that Casio is basically saying "if this board doesn't have the sound or sounds you want...here take this 32mb's of flash memory and get them"

I know I'll be buying one of these. Giving how Casio prices their units I'm estimating the price to be between $450-$499 USD. The improved sounds (not that the 3500 sounds bad), more voices, styles, and that HUGE flash memory is enough for me to upgrade. I may have had to luquidate my synth monies due to medical reasons, but this Casio won't break my budget.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 04-07-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.