Bruno,

Creating the backing part was really easy. I posted this because I still get quite a few emails from Zone members about "Synths" and what they can do in their setups along side an arranger keyboard.

With this backing guitar strum what I have to say is.. "NEVER underestimate the power of a synths arpeggiator!"

The joy of making this backing part was the control I had using my synths arpeggiator. I took a Strat sound--removed ALL effects from the start. I then chose a preset E-Guitar backing riff from the onboard arps on my synth.

The arp alone didn't contain any of the nuances (which is exactly what I wanted). I then added my own "pick" (strumming), and "string slide" between chord changes manually. This way I had complete control over the nuances within the looped arpeggiator.

After that I then added some reverb and chorus to thinken the sound a bit and make it sound a bit more spacious.

I know everyone's arrangers have mega voices and other models have voices similiar to that, but a synths preset and user arpeggiators can really blow your mind with the results.

Keep in mind though that when creating a custom arpeggiator..., we're talking about something that's a freakin fine science! I'm not master at it by any means, but know enough to get myself through it. A really good and detailed arp can take a week or more (even for an expert) to program.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 08-27-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.