Trevor writes in the PK-Club:
> Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have read with interest all of the comments to date on the forum. I though I would add information that I have gathered during my conversations with Yamaha.
> >
> > 1. Aftertouch - Yamaha have told me that they know about and this and have said it will be sorted in V1.15 O/S. I am told this is due in March (I do not know the exact date so keep checking the PK Club page).
> >
> > 2. PSR8000 software compatibility - Yamaha have always been clear to me about what is and isn't compatible. You CAN load registrations, styles and sample wave data. You CANNOT load Custom Voices. Simple eh :-)
> >
> > 3. V2 O/S - According to the information on PK Club page V2 O/S will have editing facilities and new features that are far better than ever before on any keyboard - check out the list!! Having said that, surely you knew the spec of V1 O/S before you purchased?? It was published in the PSR9000 brochure and when I phoned Yamaha technical services (end of Nov/Dec '99), they were 100% clear about what the instrument would and wouldn't do. If you bought the instrument without checking the spec first and asking the correct questions then any disappointment is your own fault - perhaps the saying about assumtions is true!!
> >
> > I understand from my recent conversations with Yamaha technical that V2 O/S should be with here in June 2000 - so the countdown has begun! I can't wait!!
> >
> > Whilst talking about O/S updates, I understand that V2 will be sent to us free - as long as we have returned the registration card. I had a moan at Yamaha about not receiving V1.12/1.13 etc - I was told that the card was for V2 only and that interim updates are handled in the same way they always were, except you can do your own update from the net without having an engineer in your house.
> >
> > 4. Hard Drives - I'm sorry, I do not have any information on HD's for the 9000. I use my old 8000 drive which is a Toshiba MK2104MAV 2.1Gb and have no problems. As soon as I have quality information for you on this, I will post it on the forum.
> >
> > 5. It seems that we are having no luck with e-mails from Yamaha. I have always been happy with the Technical Support from Yamaha over the phone. Try it!
> >
> > Lastly, I would like to make a special mention to richard/airbubble who ever you are?
> >
> > I'm afraid your advice is incorrect and at times childish. From what I've heard and seen on the web, us Yamaha owners have it easy compared to others. Your Soundscape device is intended for precision studio work - if you need this level of control why are you so bothered about V2, it certainately wont satisfy you!!??? You already need a computer for R.ED, why do you not use that for sequencing like many other of the forum users have recommended to you?
> >
> > By the way, you constantly prove that you do not look at what you are buying by incorrectly stating the model number of the Soundscape System R.Ed - not RE.d!!
> >
> > Anyway, I am now going to play my PSR9000. I am totally happy with it and think the sounds and styles are great. If anyone wants to contact me, send a mail to smartalec27@hotmail.com - sorry about the address :-)