Yes, they really came in! I've already shipped out several and I've set up my floor sample. It looks great, sounds great and so far I'm having a ball! I'm really happy Yamaha has added many features we've all asked for. For example:
Now you have two sets of outputs. Main outs use the master volume control and are 1/4 inch jacks. Aux out are fixed volume and use rca jacks. In the 740 you only had fixed outs unless you used a volume foot pedal. Now you don't have to!
I also really like the auto fill in button which can be turned on or off so that when you go from variation to variation you can control if you use a fill or not. I also like the OTS link button which moves to the different one touch settings for voices when you select one of the 4 variations. You can turn this feature on and off with the switch.
I also love the disk direct feature for playing styles without having to load them. The machine comes with 450 data base combinations but can have up to 2500 programed into it's memory.
The new operating system is much easier in my opinion to move around on than the 740 series.
In my opinion, it's more the way you can manipulate this new model rather than how different it sounds than the 740 series. Sure, there are more and better sounds but for the most it's how many new functions have been added to the system that really makes it shine! Especially for it's price!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)