Well the KN6000 is 34 pounds and that' heavy for me! I realize that is nothing compared to the PSR9000. The 740 is only 22 pounds and makes a big difference. I don't play out that much so don't want to spend a lot of money for a spare keyboard. I think the 740 will do fine for my needs. Thanks for the advice.....who knows I may fall in love with Yamaha. The last Yamaha product I had was an organ, an EL 90 and I was NOT impressed with it after I got it home, a big mistake!
My first keyboard was a Yamaha PSR6300 and that was fabulous at the time!

Now I just play keyboards. I love my KN6000 but just find it too heavy to drag around, but don't really want to spend a lot on another one, I think the 740 will work fine for that. Sounds like I should look for the foot volume control.

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Wow - we complain about heavy kbs all the time, but I NEVER thought of the kn6000 as a beast. That's not heavy at all, compared to most of the rest. The reason the 740 is so light is that the speakers are so underpowered. (basically useless, out of the home)
The newer psr2000 is a much better bet if you play out - better speakers, better mic input, same light weight, but a beefier system, and they give you two sets of outputs on it. One is fixed volume, and the other follows the knob. I'd check it out b4 you get the 740 - it's a BIG improvement.