Hi Cliff,

My point is that if Yamaha get enoungh favourable responses to the more "in your face" styles, they may start to make them widely available, it's clear that there does exist a small pocket of creativity in the Yamaha Corporation, but it's clearly being held back. I personally like a lot of inbuilt styles, they are musically correct and lend themselves to a wide genre of songs, but it would be nice to have a few more with a more natural feel which provide intricate embelishments to enhance the players enjoyment. I love the overall sound of the 9000 and certainly would'nt change it for one of the current crop of arranger keyboards, I know for some people the styles are the be all and end all of a keyboard, my opinions are the sounds are most important, as styles can always be added later to utilise the sounds to their fullest extent, add some creative styles to 9000 and it would definately appeal to a wider customer base, the PSR 9000 hardware is class leading in terms of sound quality and reliability, with a few more creative styles, well, perhaps the ultimate keyboard???.

Perhaps the 9000 pro will incorporate some more live sounding styles???. For me though the lack of speakers makes the 9000pro a no go option, but hopefully all the style software will be back compatible.

Paul