Hi Al, I just want for you to give a little bit more time into learning va-5 keyboard. Don’t give up so easily ‘cause va series keyboard are awesome machines on what they can do in the studio. Unless you need a keyboard for live performance – stop right here, va is for studio musicians.

Anyway, I used to have g-1000. Trust me, it is not one of the easiest keyboards out there to learn and to perform on. Taking into consideration, it was my first arranger keyboard. I bought ‘cause it was with no doubts number one arranger in 1998. And I was shopping for 5 months…. I spent a lot of time with g-1000 and it paid itself in a few months. I was able to do just AMAZING things with it. Sounds were great, flexibility on creating styles and tweaking parameters, awesome and VERY powerful sequencer, I never had any problems with the keyboard. VA series is a new model of arrangers from Roland and it has all the features that g-1000 had plus much more. Just give it more time, it’s not a cheap $30 piano toy for kids IT IS suppose your brain to be involved in the learning process. You will see and gladly surprised on what things this keyboard can do. Just think of 3600 sounds and 116(!!!!) drum kits…. And they are awesome, don’t be fooled with the quantity or anything like that.

Once you understand the keyboard you will see how EASY to create music on it and how PROFESSIONAL it will sound.

------------------
New Yorker