Jon,
I hope many of my potential customers who have never been into my store and are reluctant to buy the G70 because of negatives they've read on this forum, get a chance to read your well stated review. The past 2 days I've been coresponding with a Synthzone customer from Brazil who would like to either buy a G70 or PA1XPRO from my store by way of a family member of his who live in Philadeliphia. I have given him pro's and con's of each and concluded that the G70 would be the best for his uses. Now, because he trusts my opinion but has read so many negatives, he is having a hard time deciding. Perhaps you review will help him.
It's been really interesting to see the faces on musicians who make it into my store and get a chance to actually hear and try the G70. I almost always get the same response from everyone, which is "is this really the same keyboard so many have disliked?". I think you've nailed the pluses of this keyboard. Those that have wished for more styles have either made their own, downloaded new ones, or purchased from style software companies. What you point out as strengths, I couldn't agree more with you. Thanks for your well written observations.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, Ca.
(Retired 2021)