When I took my VA7 home the first thing I did was, of course, to start playing; then I realized that, to master such a complex keyboard, I HAD to read the manual and so I did. The VA7 is a great keyboard, with tons of great sounds, but you have to tweak it to suit your needs, especially because it is not easy to do that in a live situation. I was not happy with some of the styles (especially the latin ones), so I replaced them with the equivalent styles (mainly from the G800 and the G1000) found on the zip disk, creating my user programs.
If you take the time and the pain to get familiar with this keyboard it will repay you with exceptional results.
One final consideration: being a gear addict I am constantly looking for the "next" toy, but now I think that if you dig your keyboard really in depth you will probably realize that, after all, you don't need that toy so much.