Hi Bob,

One important thing to note regarding disk storage is that, if you use a pc, you *don't* want the E-mu disk connected to it. Windows 95 and up screws it up. E-mu has a propietary format and you'll lose everything if you try to browse via Windows Explorer. There are methods for backing up Emu disks on your PC (search links at www.tweakheadz.com for more info). I would recommnd using your SCSI Zip drive for now. If it is an internal drive, I don't know if the ESI will be able to use it though.

I don't know about the Digi 001 interface and bringing it together. Will you be using the ESI 32 for recording? Digi 001 is a capable interface (provided you don't need to sync up to tape) and is supposed to sound great with a couple of built-in preamps. If you're using a PC though, I don't know if drivers have been released yet.

In terms of sounds though, you should be able to get what you want. Step-recording piano *may* be part of your problem if you're looking for realism. Real pianos are played by real people and, even if you don't play piano yourself, you'll need to try to make your step-recording sound as if a real piano player played the part. That will be quite difficult to do IMHO.

Anyway, good luck. Sounds like you'll need to spend some time researching some CD-Roms.

HTH
Fernando