I'm not sure what capabilities an xp60 has ( never owned any xp's ), but you can't import samples into any machine via midi, unless of course the kb has a utility that works via a midi transfer protocl that will actually carry and transfer .wav, aiff or other audio files to your kb ( like the file transfer utility in the original Motif does ). If the XP doesn't have internal sampling capability, ( the ability to store audio based samples, this won't work anyway. Midi is simply a set of commands that tells your sound module what to do. Of itself, it has no audio rendering capability.

In the scenario I gave you, your computer would become your sound module. That's how software sampling works. The XP60 then could become your controller ( XP60 midi out to sampling apps midi in ).

As far as the arps, does the xp60 allow for user arps ? For example, the Motif ES does, so what I have to do is save an arp pattern as a midifile, then introduce the midifile that into the Motif's internal sequencer, and assign the pattern from there to a user arp. The ES has a utility built in for such conversion, and it works like a charm.

I have no idea if the XP60 is similar, but I suspect it isn't... ? But at very worst, you do a virtual reverse of the setup for the computer sampling function by sending the arps from the computer into the XP60 as your sound module. Hmmm I'm going to have to have a look at the XP60 specs and capabilities when I get a chance to see if I'm missing something else here .. Good Luck Phil.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 01-17-2005).]