Mo I cant agree with you & of course this kind of discussion is always subjective to a personal degree....I really wanted to Love the Pa800 big time.....on paper it really seems to "HAVE IT ALL" in an arranger package, super features...BUT side by side cannot hold a candle Sound wise to a Ketron Sd1+ to my ear....listen to the Trumpet, Brass, Saxes, Guitars a/bing the two......this made me happy to own a Ketron SD1+ & I can only assume the Sd5 is close to it .......
Pa800 fills left alot to be desired just like the Pa80....The Korg internal speakers were a nice surprise and sounded robust and full.....touch screen display navigation seems a bit busy and confusing but after watching the demo video I now see there is a "SIMPLE" display mode I wasn't aware of, that's good.....I was also told that the new OS does wonders for the Pa800 to date & honestly I didn't realize what version I was playing in the store...But, I will HAVE TO go try it again because Im still willing to give it another shot, as an old KORG guy form years agao I wanted so much to love the PA800..........Ketron, Roland, & Korgs vocalizer are definitly better sounding then any Yamaha arranger Ive owned its just something Yamaha will not update thru the years. Sooooooooo.....lets recap....I love the Sd1+ although NOT perfect it serves my needs for now and Im gigging with a smile every night with it........PA800....after a brief demo last week is NOT written off yet & will have a go at it in the near future with a current OS......until then !