Hi all,

I would like also add some comments to this interesting discussion.
In general I agree with your oppinions I would only express some own observations:

* in the competition PA-80 vs. 9000 (PSR or Pro) I think the PSR 9000[Pro] is the definite winner. Especially the sounds of the PA-80 I did not find as realistic and exciting as the PSR9000 ones.

* It is true that 9000Pro is the "big brother" of the PSR 9000, but on the other side I have not noticed such great improvements, so that I would start to think at an upgrade.
I counted about 10 new voices (Live!, Sweet!) in the 9000Pro compared to the PSR 9000 (except for organ voices). The styles are the same (these 2 new styles of the 9000Pro I already copied to the flash memory of my PSR 9000 ).
The keys on the 9000Pro are better weighted than the light PSR 9000's keys.

Big disappointment: the 9000Pro has the same amount of the flash memory as the PSR 9000 and if you do not delete any style from it, you have 32kB available (a little bit strange).
The possibity to extend the set of voices (and also the polyphony) of the plug-in boards' voices is a great feature and for someone who often plays with synthesizer voices also very useful.

As I heard, the voices (samples) of the 9000Pro will NOT be available for the PSR 9000.

So, if I have not bought the PSR 9000, I would buy the 9000Pro definitely, but now the changes are not worth the money I would pay for an upgrade (Steve, it depends on the dealer how expensive the upgrade is. The dealer in the music shop in my town do not want to take the PSR 9000 back and to sell me the 9000Pro for a lower price).
Paul, for 500 GBP I would upgrade immediately!

Regards

Marek