I realize this topic isn't directly related to music, but because many here are also running Windows XP Home edition (as I am), I think this issue both pertinent and important to many here.

Responding to my email request, Microsoft Corp mailed me (for free) the Windows XP 'Service Pack 2 installation CD, of which I received today in the mail.

"Service Pack 2", according to Microsoft, includes critically important new features which include not only include OS fixes: but a substantially improved Windows XP Firewall, a now built into Windows "Pop-up Blocker", as well as the ability to monitor your security status via Windows XP's new 'Windows Security Center' feature.

I read (on another sz thread here) by Mike P (Leilatara), that he (as well as others) don't recommend installing 'Service Pack 2', at least not yet, because of potential conflicts and/or bugs of such a new OS update. I definitely appreciate the advice given, but on the other hand, I'm also concerned about the known Windows OS security issues & holes of the the current version of Windows XP, so equally concerned over not updating right away as well.

I'm currently utilizing BOTH 'Norton Firewall' & 'Norton Systemworks 2004' to monitor and protect my computer. That being the case, are there any Windows XP security issues which "Service Pack 2" addresses not already covered by the above Norton programs?

Interested in hearing from other Windows XP users here about their view of installing "Service Pack 2" now. Do you recommend holding off, or going ahead and installing it. Are there any known issues (bugs?) with "Service Pack 2" with other programs?

I look forward to input on this subject.

Scott