We know that a Workstation is not an Arranger although some of them are getting closer to that ideal. During a Gig I have my trusty PSR 2000 and although I don't use the Arranger functions except on smaller venues I find it an enormous comfort that my PSR 2000 has "Registration" Memory. During the time before my Live playing and after I have practiced with my Band, I have a tentative song set that I practice again at home where I choose Voices, Layer Voices and Left Voices that goes well with the songs with the various corresponding Volume Levels of each Voice category, ie., Main, Layer, and Left. I then save these Voice and Volume settings for each corresponding Song to Registration Memory. Then when I play Live my Keyboard is setup correctly for each and every song and there is virtually no down time for me between songs as it takes just a second to go from one song to next and I am good to go again.

I've said all that to say this: I've played Workstations, eg., Triton Studio, Roland Fantom S/88, Motif, etc. but with the exception of the Motif I've never owned one. PS: (I owned the Motif for a very short period and returned it within 30 days for a refund and purchase of my current PSR 2000). The reason I returned the Motif was because it was brand new on the market and it still had OS bugs and SIMM memory compatibility problems. And Navigation of the OS and ease of use of its feature set was rather foreboding for me as a fairly new Keyboardist, so I just returned it. QUESTION: Does a Workstation allow a user to quickly go from song to song, ie., "changes of Voice/Volume settings" for each particular song, ie., (pre-configured settings) like I can using Registration Memory on my PSR 2000? With no down time between songs? My Band leader uses a Triton but he basically just uses the Piano Voice so he really has no need for what I'm asking, but I use all kinds of different sounds, with a lot of Layering and Left Hand Voices. Does a Workstation have a function where you can 'save' pre-configured Voice and Volume settings, etc., and then call them up in a jiffy when needed? Like during Live play?

Thanks for any info anybody can give concerning this.

Best regards,
Mike