Accessing sounds quickly on the Juno-D (for live play) will be accomplished through the "Performance Mode". The Juno-D has a number of "Preset Performances" each containing 16 parts. You can also edit and create some of your own (don't know off the top of my head how many user performances the Juno-D has though).

The Juno-D ships with editor software and a sequencer software app. (I think it's Sonar). The Juno-D doesn't have a USB port so if you use it with the included software you'll need a midi USB converter. It's a great little synth really. The Juno-D is "identical" to my Roland RS-70 in how it functions. However, my RS-70 has a few more features, but the core of the OS is the same, and they have the same body, buttons, ect.

The Juno-D is designed as a lightweight easy to carry to a gig synth with good sounds. It's also designed as a "budget" synth for computer based recording--which is why it ships with Sonar to make up for the lack of internal sequencing.

The editor software is VERY useful.... Using it you can easily edit voices, set up performances, copy effects from "patch" to "performance mode" with ease. Roland was very smart in creating an editor for the Juno-D. The editor can even be used in conjuction with the included seq software or another app. The editor will give you a mixer screen (in perf. mode) that will allow you to see all 16 parts, and make changes there--very handy. Just a good all around budget (and inexpensive) little synth.

Go here to see some good video demos of the Juno-D http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=429&ParentId=83

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 05-11-2007).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.