Is this for a studio or mobile setup Chony ?
The reason I ask is that your computer can also become an excellent sound module at less cost and with much more choices available vs a hardware module. The popular choice is often Edirol's HyperCanvas, but I favor Steinberg Hypesonic or Luxonix Ravity

As far as an ES module, I find the sounds to be excellent on my Motif ES, but if you are going to be using them as a sound module for arranger patterns, plan on doing a ton of tweaking to get the styles to sound as good or better than those on a dedicated arranger.

There aren't a ton of cards to be had for the Motif series, but the XG card might be very relevant for someone who wants to use Yamaha styles. Still, I doubt that this will give you better sounds than a Tyros or PSR3000. The internal ES voices are magnificent, but the style data in it's original form can't call them up.

The analog modeling board is very good too, and it sounds a lot like ( and supposedly is modeled after ) the Prophet 5. I doubt that helps most arranger players though. I don't have the Piano or drum cards ( I think Pro has them ), so I can't really say. I do have the VL150 acoustic modleing card, and I think it does as good a job on horns, saxes, and flutes as anything I've ever heard. That pretty much is what is available in expansion cards for Yamaha Keys / Modules.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 03-17-2005).]