Dear X1 users!

I have a couple of questions about your experience with your X1.
I will first try to explain my situation:
I am a 26, and a proud owner of a X1 since end of last year.
I bought it because of the excellent sounds, and styles (especially Latin styles).
I play mostly in a trio with 2 singers and me (one of the singers plays also a/el-guitar and tres).
Everybody in the group sings.
We use a lot of midis for the show. So far no problem.
I am using a X1 with hard disk and vocaliser.
For on-stage mixing I bought a little 8 channel mixer and a digital effect. I make my own mix and then connect the total mix to the PA of the place we play (many times there is a PA system available where we play, luckily....:-))
Well, now I would like to explain you my on-stage setup (if you are not really bored yet-

The mics are connect each to my little mixer (so channel 1,2,3)
I have two aux channels.
Aux send 2 (post fader) is connected to the effect and returns to one of the stereo channels, aux send 1 (pre fader) is connected to the mic-in (vocaliser!) of the X1.
The X1 one itself is connected to the Aux return 1.
Oh, I forgot, the vocaliser is send back via output 3 of the x1 to a separate mic-input of my mixer.

Well you see: Ch1: mic
Ch2: mic
Ch3: mic
Ch4: vocaliser return (output 3 of X1)
Ch5/6: empty/maybe guitar
Ch7/8: effect return
Aux send1: vocaliser/mic-in of the X1
Aux send2: effects
Aux return1: X1 (Left/right output)

Do you understand: By connecting this way I can decide which mic is vocalised by just opening the aux 1 of the appropriate mic-channel.
That is great and I tell you works splendid.
So far also ok.

Now my problem is the overall sound quality!!!!
I love the X1 one via headphone, I love it via my stereo, and I even like it through the intern speakers.
But what happens now during a live gig. I play on quite loud parties so I connect my main-out of the mixer to the PA system (into 2 channels) and what I get is a very unbalanced sound.
That means: lots of high lots of low but nothing in the middle. All the warmth of the headphone sound is gone. I check whith the the headphones the total sound of my mixer before it goes out and it sounds still brilliant.
Why then, I don't get that sound outside.
Also I find the sound of especially the vocalized voice too sharp and very feedback sensible.
That means I either don't hear the vocaliser at all, or I get a very high feedback, like I never heard before, and I know it come through the vocaliser.

Anyway I always manage to get a more or less decent sound, but it occupies me almost during the whole gig and I don't concentrate on playing.
That disturbs me.
I figured out already that I maybe shouldn't enter my main-out signal to a mic-input of the PA's mixer, but rather use the line input because that prevents from double-amplifying the mic sound, which could be one of the reasons for the mic feedback.
I wouldn't right this to you guys if this sound-problem wouldn't be a repeatable thing using different types of sound systems.

I know I kept you reading quite a while, and don't know if I could make myself clear enough, but please let me know if you have an idea on this.

Greetings,

Marc
Marc Bischoff

marcbischoff@soneramail.nl