Bill, Can you send me.... A. the style file itself, and if possible.. a midifile of the song you recorded ?

I totally agree with Gary on this one. Conversions can and often do strange things. Having dabbled in doing quite a few conversions myself, it has become apparent that how a style is converted actually has a lot to do with how well it works. Also, the data inside can be a factor. I've noticed problems with several of the " auto" conversion styles, ala EMC styleworks. Some of them have played poorly in my Yamaha arrangers, but it isn't just a Yamaha problem. I have experienced similar ( and sometimes even worse ) problems with auto converted styles tht I have tried to use in my PA80.

I have no issues with computers. That's just a personal thing I guess. Floppies are another issue. I rank 'em for reliability ( translated ..just when you need them most ) right up there with the Smart media Card. I have had so many problems with both types of media that I now consider it mandatory to bring my laptop and my Usb drives to shows just as a backup for media, even when I am only using an arranger and / or the Motif ES and have no intention of using any vsti synths.

Midi itself can be a strange thing too at times. It seems that so many things can go wrong unexpectedly. With that thought in mind, I guess I stand almost in awe at how reliable the basic arranger functions have been in my PA80 and my previous Yamaha arrangers, except for my original PSR2000, which was buggier than any computer I've ever used.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 08-02-2005).]