Well I've read all the posts on this and here's what I think. First we all have different needs and wants. We also all have different levels of playing ability. Some of us are very polished at playing the keys and some of us are not. Some of use can use an arranger and do EVERYTHING from scratch. Some of us cannot. Does this make one way better than the other. I would have to say no.

Keep in mind also that what an arranger is and does, and how it can help some musicians who aren't as polished off in some areas. A few good examples are playing and recording drums on a keyboard. To some of us that's easy, and to others it's a very difficult task to accomplish. The arranger helps those who are weaker in some areas. Is it cheating? In a way yes, but so the hell what. Musicians have been using (helping aids) for years. Look at someone like Ashley Simpson. Remember her big on stage boo boo????

Bottom line we all have different needs and abilities, but we share the most important part of picture, and that's the love for playing music. It doesn't matter what you use to play it. As long as it works for you.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.