Well I finally got a day off from gigging due to a last minute cancellation and made it down to Chuck Levins in Wheaton, MD USA to demo the following: the Korg PA1XPRO, the Yamaho Tyros, and the Ketron SD1 Plus and MidJay. They are all awesome but I noticed the following. The Tyros has the best display and the worst keys, the Korg has the best keys (AND 76 OF THEM, YAY), and the Ketron (in my opinion) has the absolute best "live band" sound, for lack of a better term. I think that is the most important thing for me since I want to do all I can to compensate for the lack of the appearance of a live band standing next to me.
I was also very impressed by Ketron rep. AJ's honesty about the pros and cons of all the boards. And he's a heck of a player! (P.S. Don't tell him I said this but I could listen to his carribean accent all day long, lol!)
As far as the midjay, it has all the functions of an SD1plus except the sequencer, the keys, and something else, which I can't remember. But the SD1, with all of its buttons in front of you, is the better choice for performing music live.
Now I just need to save up a little more $$$.
This is scary, but have literally had dreams about playing an arranger. I can't wait.