I dug my 15-year-old PSR-6 out about a week ago to try its accompaniment functions just for fun to see how advanced have they been in that time in that price range. I was totally surprised how fun can it be to play with even extremely simple accompaniment and limited polyphony (4). It was so easy to just push the chord with left hand and play the melody with right.

I have been thinking to get a new keyboard for a while and after experiencing accompaning model the first time an arranger model started to interest me much.

As I said I had never tried any keyboard's accompaniment functions before and all my knowledge about them is based on what i've read from this forum and other sites in the internet.

I'm mostly interested (and know the least) in the accompaniment functions found on them. How good and useful (and fun) are they to at home playing. At least in about 1000 euros price range they must be good if people do gigs and make good sounding music with them.

I'm not willing to spend that much though. About 700 euros would be a reasonable price though I could think about investing a little more if I get much better board then.

[This message has been edited by Hasko (edited 08-31-2005).]