MacAllcock

I tried most of what you suggested but I still think the problem is with the driver.
The driver shows up in Control Panel and also in Device Manager with no conflicts.
When I open Cakewalk the window "No Midi in Devices" opens and it says: You haven't selected any Midi In devices etc. Press Yes to continue anyway, Press no to select devices now."
If I press No, I get the Midi Devices window in Cakewalk. On the Output side it shows: YAMAHA USB OUT 0-1
YAMAHA USB OUT 0-2
and they are both highlighted.
On the Imput side there is nothing in regards to Yamaha.

If I press Yes, two things happen. First I get an error message on the PSR3000 saying "unexpected error! Turn off power and on again.
rms_task.c/165
o/17117515-444
Second, Cakewalk will allow me to load my songs and I put in all the instrument definitions and match up all the ports etc. and I can play the song and it doesn't sound to bad but when I press save in Cakewalk I get an error message saying "Could not find or open file". So nothing is save and I'm right back where I started. So that's why I'm sure it's a driver issue.
I put a call into Yamaha and they gave me a reference number so I have to wait for them to call me back.

Peter

[This message has been edited by Musicman22 (edited 11-15-2005).]