Ok....I spent more than an hour with Yamaha on the phone this A.M with a very nice gentleman ....Steve. Hope he does not mind me mentioning his name, but credit where it is due. Very helpful, courteous and straight up, no B.S.

After this lengthy discussion, here is what I am convinced of regarding this entire o/s issue.

1. This is not a brand new bug laden operating system. It has been in use for some time as we know most resembling the 2k 9k and Clavinova.

2. They are taking great strides to make sure that the Tyros is as operationally stable as possible, before it is shipped.

3. It could be upgradable via the internet and is a 40mg o/s the danger coming in, when transferring to the Tyros via USB, if either crashes, then the board will have to go to Yamaha to be reprogrammed.

4. In any event here is what I am totally convinced of and has been my track record with Yamaha. If it is a problem , THEY WILL MAKE IT RIGHT.

Therin lies the bottom line and as far as I am concerned, the very most we can expect of any of these companies.

As for me, mine is still on order and I can't wait to get it.
jam on,
Terry