Uncle Dave,
Mine's holding up fine so far (no mechanical clicking noises), but to be honest, I too have been feeling nervous about this issue. There have been moments when I wonder if the the keys will hold up over time. The 2000 was definitely not designed to endure the type of heavy duty playing (pounding) which is such an integral part of traditional rock and roll (Jerry Lee Lewis, Elton John, & Billy Joel) keyboard playing. To help overcome my tendency of really wanting to dig into the changes, I turn UP the volume of the main & left parts higher than normal. When real gutsy rock and roll playing is required, I think you're gonna have to drag out the HEAVY duty aresenal (weighted action board). So far though, I continue to opt for the lightweight PSR2000 and make adjustments to my playing style. - Scott

PS: The EV SxA100's are continuing to work out real well. Though the Mackie SRM450's may sound a tad better, the EV's much lighter weight and size (very ergonomic) make it much easier to handle. Though I do miss stereo when taking only one speaker, I've found that even one SxA100 speaker will handle most smaller to medium sized venues quite nicely; and it's one less piece to have to haul and setup as well.
- Scott