HEY ! Was that a fat joke, old man?
BTW - how are your "broken" ribs ? (hee hee)
Fran still plays basketball with a bunch of young studs everyweek, and he's in pain from a body slam he got last week. Poor guy. You should play with guys your own age..... IF you can find any!!!!!!
Back to the rack issue-
The SKB shallow rack is next to useless - it's too shallow for any of the stuff I would put in it. The whole purpose is to leave things connected, and with that one - there is not enough room in the back to leave the wires plugged in!
I have a single space mixer (Toa D3)on the bottom row - on top of that is a Digitech vocalist access (also single space)- the top space is two 1/2 rack units...a Vega wireless reciever, and a Rolls stereo graphic EQ. I have it in a soft rack bag with a shoulder strap that lets me hang it vertically from the front two teirs of a double braced "X" stand. This puts all the controls right at my fingertips, and just under the piano keys. I never have to turn my head to make adjustments. It's a beautiful thing. I run two stereo outs to a pair of powered Mackies, and a mono out to a powered monitor (when needed). My mic boon attaches to the KB stand on the back of a teir, and I keep a small shelf on the other back teir to hold a MD player and disks.
(my entire library fits in an index card file box from Staples - 88cents)