I agree that most of the Arranger keyboards have DIFFERENT synthesizer engines than the workstations.

The PSR and TYROS have synth engine similar to the MU series sound modules. It's also similar to the XG sound cards.

Hence the sound shaping and processing DSPs are different than the synhtesizer workstations. And that's why there is not options detailed sound editing on PSR and TYROS.. like changing the filter types, changing the LFOs... etc..

In my opinion YAMAHA has fooled people with TYROS.. it's no way a 'pro' arranger. They should have worked on 9000Pro line to make it better.

I would love to have the Fantom-X sound engine in G-70.

KORG PA-1x is some of the few arrangers which let you edit sounds in detail like TRITON... but again they stripped off the effects section of TRITON.

The next difference is the SEQUENCER. The sequencers on PSR and TYROS are a BIG JOKE. I don't know if someone actually uses it to record tracks from scratch. I think mostly people are using it playback MIDI files, and just reassigning the sounds etc. None of the sequencer Editing tools offered on MOTIF ES are available on TYROS.... and the funniest thing is that PSR1500, PSR2000, PSR3000, 9000Pro and TRYOS all have the same joke sequencer. A $3000 keyboard has the same sequencer as the $1000 one. Go figure.

Despite all this, I don't think workstations are capable of the realtime performance features of the Arrangers. And that's why there are arrangers.

You can't really argue that an Arranger is a good workstation, and a Workstation is a good arranger too. They are different.

What we hope is that some company will take the bold step and create a Hybrid keyboard and Merge the feautres of the top workstation and the top arranger WITHOUT dropping any features..