Quote:
Originally posted by ricok987:
Anyone have the Casio WK-1800 Keyoboard? Is it any good?

I've used it on three live gigs, and it's very good for a $400 box. Sort of like a poor man's Triton ( I have one of those also, but don't like to use it on the party/mayhem circuit).

The WK will write standard MIDI files on it's floppy drive, is setup for general MIDI playback so you can use it as a complete sequencer playback module w/speakers & amp, and it has a 76 note keyboard that is OK for driving other MIDI modules.

Has lots of other auto-accompaniment stuff that is workable, especially since the data can be played into a pc sequencer and edited. The onboard sequencer is pretty lame, and is there mainly to serve as a recorder for the auto-performance mode, as well as be a great MIDI song playback unit.
I've used it, live, to record a tune, and then played it back on the break. Worked well.
Also, the sequencer memory doesn't evaporate when you power off because it's backed up by the system battery. Pretty cool.

Most of the onboard sounds are usual GM quality (it's designed to be a GM box), with a usable piano, and an excellent acoustic bass patch. The onboard sounds can be programmed to sound much better (32 user patch locations), although the editing tools are limited.

I like it, and recommend it as a great value for an all-in-one board.

- tommyde ~