I'm certain someone mentioned that you can also play G1000 and G70 styles in the Mediastation by converting them using EMC styleworks. I'd imagine other makes can be converted as well, so my G1000 styles will come in handy since I have almost 2000 of them lol
I would like to see a bass inversion implemented into the arranger as I know there wasn't one at present. Loads of songs eg. Whiter shade of pale where the bass runs down wouldn't work as going from a c chord to e minor then a minor would give c e and a bass rather than the c b a run down - you guys know what I mean. That's nothing you can't work around though so no big loss.
Also I'm not sure if it has the harmony/melody on chord features that the likes of Ketron use. I love the way the SD1 fills out the notes when the harmony button is pressed. I rarely use it that much but it is effective for some songs with string sounds. Also the way you can use the volume pedal on the SD1 to alter guitar sound fx would be nice if the Mediastation had something similar. I'm sure that same FX could be used with the mod wheels anyway and giga sounds for more realism. I suppose the arranger functions will get better with newer releases, but from what I've been told they are on par with other manufacturers already.
Does anyone know if the strat 56 giga library works with the Mediastation, some great guitars and the sounds of the shadows etc. but I want to make sure before I buy it.
Gigastudio 3 orchestra should be here Tuesday, that looks amazing.
Well can't wait for Mediastation to arrive this week, will let you peeps know what I think asap.
By the way Domenico and Andy Spiller are amazing at Lionstracs, they answer my e-mails straight away and Andy even rang me up giving me the ins and outs - I've never had someone from the likes of Roland or Ketron do that! Thumbs up for both of them