Friends,

If you have the mic, mixer setting on your keyboard, The SxA 100 is a good choice. If your keyboard does not have this built in and you don't want to haul around a mixer, this is not the speaker for you. It's that simple.

I want an "all-in-one" unit. I have a Genz Benz "Shenandoah Acoustics 85" I got on trial yesterday from the local dealer. It sounds as good as the SxA100 to me and almost as good as my 15" Peavey TLS5's, and it has all of the goodies.

Only 2 channels but that's all I need .
Each channel has:
Volume knob
Effects level knob
Low knob
Mid knob
Mid Freq knob ( whatever that is)
High knob

It has Alesis Digital effects (Looks like 16)with a level knob there also.

The problem is it has an annoying buzz. Not a hiss, not a hum. A buzz. What a drag. Anybody know what causes this %$#@ to happen in equipment. In the old days I remember the Guitar player turning the plug around and many times that either worked or at least helped tune the noise down.

This Genz Benz has me wanting to try the "Little Green Monster" that Donny bragged about sometime back from Carvin.

I'm going to call and see if they will extend the trial period a week or so. They just give a 10 day trial period. I'm busy now laying brick and I need more time with it.

Again the Samson EX30's sound was very good also, but lacked power. Not the Genz Benz. It's plenty loud. Maybe the dealer can get rid of the buzz. Maybe it has a defective part.

Boo

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 12-17-2002).]