I’d like to second what Richard Peck had to say about Scott’s performance. It was very well done and very enjoyable. Thanks for that treat, Scott! And many thanks to Frank Bez and his organ club for arranging this event and for their hospitality in making us (non- members) feel so welcome.

My wife and I and two friends drove up from the Santa Barbara area (about 100 miles south of Avila). One of the friends that came with us had recently purchased a Tyros and was interested in meeting Scott and hearing him perform. The other friend is the sax/clarinet player (Art Larsen) who Scott met at our home last year during our jam session the day after Scott’s previous concert in Avila.

When Scott heard that Art would be coming up with us, he asked Art to bring along his clarinet and play a few numbers with him. So that was very enjoyable listening as well. I’ve had the good fortune of being able to gig with Art on a number of occasions in the Santa Barbara area and can attest to his fine musical talents.

It was a real pleasure meeting Synthzone member Richard Peck. He was kind enough to bring along his new Bose PAS system and set it up so we could hear it. It’s a very impressive system, both visually and acoustically. Unfortunately, I really didn’t have the opportunity to make a personal judgement about the sound quality of the stereo samples from Scott’s Tyros being played through the PAS. I would like to have heard an A/B comparison between the PAS and Scott’s stereo EV setup, but time did not permit.

It was nice meeting up with our friends Eric and Claudia Bott from Ventura as well.
We originally met them through Synthzone a couple of years ago when Andrea (Dreamer) was in town. They evidently made a weekend of it in the Pismo/Avila Beach area.

We took a few photos, but Scott’s companions did as well. So I’m sure when Scott gets back to San Francisco he will be posting some of his photos on his website.

Paul C.