For frequent gig transport, I too gotta have the lightest keyboard (within reason) as possible. Some plastics today are stronger than steel yet a fraction of the weight. Lightweight portable convenience is the trend in most all areas of the market these days (from MP3 players, cell phones,laptops, PDAs, etc), so I see no reason why portable arranger keyboards shouldn't share in this advancement as well. For years, we keyboard players have had to suffer bad backs hauling our 60 - 100 lb axes while we watched with great eny, our musician counterparts (guitar & horn players etc) quickly popping their instruments back in their case and easily taking off with it single handed. Technology has FINALLY made it possible for us keyboard guys as well to enjoy the instrument transport ease that we've envied with other musicians for so long.

I urge arranger keyboard manufacterers to not only continue striving towards producing a strong yet light as possible '60 note arranger', but also to make sure its size (length, width, height) is kept as small and compact as possible as well. - Scott