Hi Tony,
found this function in the SD1 Manual.
I tried it, but I only managed to get it to work within the style itself. ie if I selected drums the drum pattern & sounds didn't alter throughout the style, if I selected bas, same bass pattern thru all the variations, unfortunately when I chose a different style, nothing stayed locked in. Either I've misunderstood something, or I've got a bug in my keyboard.

Actually the second function Interactive arranger is brilliant. You can choose up to 4 tracks to mute, so if you've got a busy style and you want to feature your solo playing, you choose which of the parts you want to mute, your pattern plays with full instrumentation until you start playing a right hand melody , and all the parts you've selected get muted, when you stop playing melody, all the muted parts start playing again. Hadn't noticed this function before. Still learning, this complicated beast. Definately has some very interesting performer functions.
--------------------------------------------

LOCK: This calls up the Lock and Interactive Arranger page. It is possible to select which accompaniment tracks among Drums, Bass
and Orchestra, situated to the left of the display, will not change timbre and rhythm, so that the tracks of one style can be
combined at pleasure with those of another. It is also a quick way of playing back a style with timbres of another style and
to thus create endless variations on the subject.

When the Interactive Arrange (F10) function is enabled the player can
choose which of the automatic accompaniment tracks set in On among 2, 3, 4 and 5 will not be played when at least one key
of the Right section of the keyboard is pressed. The tracks will start playing again at the following beat, if no note of the
Right section is played. Thus it is possible to directly control the state of the tracks from the lead.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tony mads usa:
[B]
I was just wondering if there was a feature in the SD1 that allowed you to keep the same instrumentation when going from one style to another ...

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022