this is very essential for the use of my ("old") s3200 - I need a medium to store my programs, samples etc.

NO, I don't want to lose my data:

1) using the inernal disk drive: very high error rate (the same goes to the disk drive of my s1000), I've heard the rumour, that the vertiacal position of the drive is bad for the disk condidition!
Many (new!) disks get read errors after some months or even days.

note: there was an internal MO drive built in (I bought the sampler used), but it was DEFECT - so I disconnected it from the sampler.
I do not want to keep ALL my data on one HD, because if this crashes, everything is lost.

OK, then what to do?

2) ZIP drive: it works via scsi, but there appear also read errors, and IF one appears (well by chance - reading, writing), this means the read error will stay forever on my zip disk. so this is also very insecure... there are even more read errors than on my floppy disks (which are also very unsafe)

SO is there any OK WORKING ZIP drive model to get?

3) and what about JAZ?

4) or other external drives possiblities?

5) any way to get my files to MAC or PC? I've read somewhere that MAC can read the SCSI 1 of my 3200 - if yes, I could transfer my files to my G4 via SCSI!! (this would be worth the effort of an scsi interface)

6) The akai zips can't be identefied in the INTERNAL ZIP drive of my powermac G4 - is there any way to make them read by my G4?

[This message has been edited by eisblau (edited 01-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by eisblau (edited 01-28-2001).]