Here goes,

picked it up, wow it's allot heavier than my T2.

Turned it on and the first thing I noticed was it was exactly like the SD1 display.

I did not have it hooked up to a PA yet, so I just had it playing through it's own speakers.

a funk style was already selected so I just hit a chord and my first reaction was " man these drums are going to blow these speakers "

went through a bunch of styles, played some sounds, screwed around with the midi files.

So as sounds go I found myself looking for the extras of the T2, especially in the guitar and trumpet sounds,. there were no extra vibrato or string slides and such.

Noticed I was spoiled with the realism of the solo sounds on the T2. I ketp saying to myself this sounds very synthy shen playing the SD trumpet and brass, the strings were very filling, big and thick sounding, not as detailed as the T2 but I think better for thickin up stuff.

Played a couple of organs which I was leaning towards the SD on these, they just seemed more pleasing to me and more real. I did notice that when I turned on the Rotor effect, there was a massive click then the sound was gone then came back, probably a software glitch.

I also miss or am spoiled from, the one touch settings linked to styles, or suggested sounds for a style, or maybe I just don't know how to activate it.

Also miss the ability to hit a variations and have a fill bring me into it. I know you can use the jump feature and a variation will bring you to the next variation but I liked determining where it was going first.

Not as many sounds as the SD1 or T2. the meat and potatoes sounds are there.

I still need to figure out the best way to switch from style to midi file to style for live playing. I'm not quite sure if they have changed the filing system or is it still constricted to 8 characters, (bummer)

So far I'm still on the fence.

the drums and bass are much more in your face and live sounding which gives me the feeling of a more motivating playing experince, but not sure if I like the rawness of the whole thing yet,

Tonight I'll put them both through my Bose PAS's and see what's I think