Thanks very much for that info.

This Polyphony counter seems very handy I must say. So you can display the remaining poly on the 9000 on the screen at any given time? Well, sounds good to me, very good actually .

There was talk that when the Yamaha 9000 came out, and comparisons to the KN6000 were put forward, Technics users, in there defence of "less Poly", was that you only need 4 tones to make a great sound, whereas Yamaha 9000 requires 8. Well, not sure about this, because the PSR 2000 uses 4 tones, and seems to sound great (according to 99% of Synthzone users )

Is it possible to create a stereo Piano, Stereo Strings, and use then on ONE part on the 9000? (Stereo would be two notes I would have thought). If "8" elements can be used, then a Piano & strings in full stereo/No compromise etc...could be used on one Patch?. Or do some of the elements act different to others (like Sub tones that can't use stereo etc).

Anyways, It looks good to me, and since it has a harmoniser on it that is supposed to be better than the Kn6000, I may take up singing after all (it was my only hope . It would have been nice if the Sampler was up to Motif Standards.

BTW, what are the Rhodes Electric Piano's like on the 9000/9000 Pro?, because the one on the Motif (Rhodes), sounds very good (on the Demo anyway). I wondered if the Rhodes Piano (and acoustic) was as good as the Motif (this Yamaha pro is much more money after all). I will be new to Yamaha keyboards BTW, but I wondered if it was possible to load Technics Styles into the Yamaha 9000? (Or any other Yamaha arranger for that matter).

Thanks all.

Poly counter hey? – hmmm really does sound interesting

NR