Hi everybody...

sorry for the question below from a discussion board newbie...but the following happened last Saturday...

I visited my local music dealer and he has a room were you have all the keyboards mainly mentioned in this forum:

KN6000 and KN6500, PSR 9000 and PSR 9000 PRO, VA7 and VA76, PA80, Ketron X1 and SD1

and in another room all the PSRxx, Casio, smaller Rolands and so on...

Ok I said, here is the chance to compare a little bit and to see what all the people are talking about in this great forum. By the way, I have a PSR740. I do not use Styles and Acmp, because I play and sing in a real 4 man band. We are doing songs from "Kastelruther Spatzen" (Bavarian Folk Songs) up to AC/DC and ZZ-Top. I play very often "Heavy Guitar Sounds" on my PSR740 to support my lead guitar player during his solos and believe it or not, it sounds great. But anyway...

During my little experiment I played the themes of "Let it be" (Grand Pinao), "Ring of fire" (Trumpets), "Hold the line" (CP80)and "Fuerstenfeld" (Austrian Folk Music with a great Accordion line).

Now my question...

I don't know why, but nearly every sound on these keyboards disappointed me.

Or better said, the sounds of PSR9000/9000 PRO are nearly the same like PSR740.

For example...on the KN6500 the piano is terrible, it sounds in the lower area (below C3) like a mixture between Accoustic Guitar and Piano. You can hear exactly the multi sampling areas, where one area stops and the other begins.
On the Ketron stuff pianos are quite good, but no enough brilliance. The pinao on PA80...oh god...you can buy a Casio instead.
On the VA7/76 we have a nice one.

I did my testings for more then two hours...

And is was nearly the same for all other sounds in comparision to my PSR740. Okay...I did some programming or better said configuration (on PSR740 there is no Sound Creator) to enhance the sound quality, specially with the help of layering sounds and the five DSPs available.

But why are the sounds on these high end keyboards not so good, one would expect if you see the prices for these devices (or is the prices e.g. for the KN6500 so high - in German DM about 6000 - because of the really nice color TFT-Display...is nearly like watching TV. Why you can't play video games...ok.ok...just kidding)

Did I something wrong? Especially are the factory presets not so good and you have to do some kind of programming to show the sound quality of all these units? Or are my ears ill? ;-)

Who can help me to solve my confusion, because I'm looking for a new keyboard (maybe the new PSR2000)

Thanks from Germany

Datablues