For a few years now, we have had the technology for a computer to read a text file with quite clear an articulation.

Phonetic sampling is used and it is language dependent; I've only used it with U.S.-Enlish sampling. Amazingly,if one feeds it a text file in a different language (Spanish, for instance), most parts will be understandable, but the speech will have a "foreign" (U.S.) accent.

The same technology is available for a PC to actually SING the words of a song, and it will follow the notes with fairly clear words and good entonation. Of course, several samplings exist for male, female, kids, etc., and the speed (tempo) and pitch (key) can be changed.

I believe I may have jumped the gun with my question. However, If not yet so, in the near future WE WILL HAVE Enrico Caruso or any famous singer, past, present, or inexistent, singing any contemporary song through our keyboards. It'll be just another voice.

It's sure been a long time since my first keyboard: an Alpha Syntauri hooked to an Apple II.

Thanks all for the feed-back.