Scotty. This 3000 is a replacement for a PSR 2000, that was in repair twice in the years 2003&2004. After waiting forever to be returned to me, i went to the local GC in Maryland and raised a little cain about not having use of a keyboard that was only used for approx. six months total. They agreed with me and offered to replace the 2000 with a 3000 even up.Over the last couple years, i've had four Tyros, and now two 3000's which for some reason i cannot explain, the motherboards went up. My Tyros was repaired in California about a year ago and seems to be holding up. I' actually afraid to touch another Yamaha because of the facts. Maybe there's a problem with my internal system that clashes with Yamaha products. I don't know, but i'm not willing to take the chance again. After i sell the 3000, i am going to purchase anothe brand. Don't know exactly which one, but do have me eye on a Korg PA80. By the way, I only used the 3000's about three times each and they were in mint condition. Hope this explains the reason. Thanks, Bob L.