It has been confirmed that the Mega Voices (all 18 of them) are NOT playable in a live context. As stated by Yamaha's own words, i.e. "Since they make special use of velocity switching, with completely different sounds in the various velocity ranges, they are meant not for playing but for programming."

Also, where did all the Drum Kits go? There are 13 Live! Drum Kits on the Tyros and only 9?? on the Tyros2?? What's up with that?

Bummer... same Live! Grand Piano patch as is on the Tyros. I was hoping Yammie would have put in even better Grand Piano sound[s] like are on the Fantom X's (only Yamaha's samples of course ). Not so apparently.

No increase in Polyphony which is another bummer. I am guessing the Super Articulation Voices are multi-layered (probably up to 8 layers per voice) so you can see the Polyphony could easily be used up depending on the variables, i.e. Layers R1, R2, R3, Left, Styles, Multipads, Vocal Harmony, Midi implementation, Sustain Pedal, and so on. It will be interesting to hear from T2 owners if they experience any note drop-outs. It has not been a problem on the Tyros, but on the T2?? We shall see...

And NO word on the amount of WAV ROM. What has Yamaha got to gain by withholding the amount? Well.. maybe if it's not much more than the Tyros then not telling might actually increase overall sales. How so you say? If they did come out and say how much, and the amount is, let's say, 100Mb's instead of the current Tyros' 96Mb's, people may balk and instead not upgrade or buy a T2; especially since there may be such a paltry of an amount gained. Also once people know it hasn't been increased significantly more consumers may be inclined to get a G70 which has an outstanding 192Mb's and is at the top of the heap as far as Arrangers go!

Something to think about anyway..

Best regards,
Mike