I use an Abacus Duo Pro as my primary writing tool and would have no problem using it live. I've seen many question the stability of computer based instruments like the Wersi but from my personal experience the Wersi is nearly bullet proof and built like a tank. The OAS software and GUI are very well thought out and quite easy to use. So easy in fact that if you can operate a basic Yamaha PSR style keyboard you'll run the majority of the Wersi's functions without even having to crack the owners manual open. The instrument also sounds incredible which is the way every fine instrument should sound.

As with any computer system what one needs to be certain of is the compatibility of third party software or hardware you install. If you aren't sure whether or not the software is compatible, don't install it or uninstall it if it creates problems. I've yet to have a problem with my Abacus and I suspect those that have had software issues were probably due to bugs in third party software or VST's rather than the actual Wersi OAS software.

The big advantages Open Software style instruments offer are future upgrades that keep the instrument on the cutting edge and the ability to utilize third party software such as GigaStudio, Real Guitars, and Kontakt. No other embedded arranger/workstation can compete with that type of versatility or sound quality. Only a Lionstracs Mediastation or Open Labs Neko/Miko is on par.

I've owned Yamaha's, Technics, Roland, and Korg's Top arrangers and workstations and few of these instruments could compare with the basic factory Wersi sounds. With Wersi OAS running VST's then no Yamaha, Roland, Ketron, or Korg arranger/workstation is even on par with the type of sounds one can produce from an instrument such as the Wersi.

[This message has been edited by Ensnareyou (edited 04-08-2008).]